Sra (
sarcasticsra) wrote2012-08-31 04:55 pm
Entry tags:
Organizational nerdiness is one of the best kinds of nerdiness.
I has internets again! Yay!
It's really sad, how two days without drives me up a wall. Or, in this particular case, gets me to set up and organize my mini-library.

Very top: Yearbooks, textbooks, my very fine hat, random portfolios I don't know what to do with. (Not pictured: two dead laptops, because they're off in the corner you can't see.)
Top of bookshelves: Selected books (ones I like to have easy access to), various stuffed animals, magazines. (Not pictured: Mono the Giant Microbe, because he's still somewhere in move limbo.)
First three shelves, left to right: Fiction, alphabetical by author. (Not pictured: the five books I'm currently in the middle of reading.)
Last three shelves, left to right: Non-fiction, organized by category; biographies/memoirs, psychology, law, humor, politics, religion/philosophy, advice, misc. Then two sections: Young Adult and Anthologies.
Far right shelf in the closet: Puzzles and Classics.
Floor, to the right: My bags, one of which is a computer bag, one of which says, "Reality has a well-known liberal bias.", and one of which says "My best friend is a person who will give me a book I have not read." on one side and "When I get a little money, I buy books; and if any is left, I buy food and clothes." on the other. (Not pictured: my brown messenger bag, because it's full of unsorted papers.)
Also not pictured: exactly ten pairs of shoes, because they're in the corner you can't see.
In front: Ten, flopped, because apparently that is the best place to sleep. (Not pictured: our other cats, because he got there first.)
Now I get to go through alllll my random papers. To quote Sylvia: "You save all these papers that have, like, four words written on them, and the words don't even make any sense! They'll be like 'grapefruit' 'orange' 'wrench' and 'brightest.' What? What does that even mean? How is that useful? Why not just throw it away?"
To which I always reply: "The words might not make sense to you, but some day, I may need them!"
(It is possible I am something of a pack rat.)
We are ALMOST DONE moving everything. It's mostly just a few scattered boxes in the living room and the rest of the kitchen left at this point. Then comes the even more fun part: cleaning! Joooooy.
The rest of the (new) house looks like a disaster zone still, lol. Ah, unpacking. Only slightly less obnoxious than packing.
Couple days late, but it's a milestone, so I'm mentioning it: finally posted my Burn Notice Queer Big Bang: here. Worked on it for so long, so happy to have it done with and posted. I have the best betas in the world.
Now that it's done, maybe other characters will start talking to me again. (My brain has been going, "WRITE ALL THE THINGS!" since that pressure was lifted, lol.)
I love this. Funny. Pointed. Hot. What more do you need from a political parody song? =P
Lastly: I (apparently, idek, oh self) have an extra copy of Inherit the Wind and Slaughterhouse-Five. Any takers? Taken!
It's really sad, how two days without drives me up a wall. Or, in this particular case, gets me to set up and organize my mini-library.

Very top: Yearbooks, textbooks, my very fine hat, random portfolios I don't know what to do with. (Not pictured: two dead laptops, because they're off in the corner you can't see.)
Top of bookshelves: Selected books (ones I like to have easy access to), various stuffed animals, magazines. (Not pictured: Mono the Giant Microbe, because he's still somewhere in move limbo.)
First three shelves, left to right: Fiction, alphabetical by author. (Not pictured: the five books I'm currently in the middle of reading.)
Last three shelves, left to right: Non-fiction, organized by category; biographies/memoirs, psychology, law, humor, politics, religion/philosophy, advice, misc. Then two sections: Young Adult and Anthologies.
Far right shelf in the closet: Puzzles and Classics.
Floor, to the right: My bags, one of which is a computer bag, one of which says, "Reality has a well-known liberal bias.", and one of which says "My best friend is a person who will give me a book I have not read." on one side and "When I get a little money, I buy books; and if any is left, I buy food and clothes." on the other. (Not pictured: my brown messenger bag, because it's full of unsorted papers.)
Also not pictured: exactly ten pairs of shoes, because they're in the corner you can't see.
In front: Ten, flopped, because apparently that is the best place to sleep. (Not pictured: our other cats, because he got there first.)
Now I get to go through alllll my random papers. To quote Sylvia: "You save all these papers that have, like, four words written on them, and the words don't even make any sense! They'll be like 'grapefruit' 'orange' 'wrench' and 'brightest.' What? What does that even mean? How is that useful? Why not just throw it away?"
To which I always reply: "The words might not make sense to you, but some day, I may need them!"
(It is possible I am something of a pack rat.)
We are ALMOST DONE moving everything. It's mostly just a few scattered boxes in the living room and the rest of the kitchen left at this point. Then comes the even more fun part: cleaning! Joooooy.
The rest of the (new) house looks like a disaster zone still, lol. Ah, unpacking. Only slightly less obnoxious than packing.
Couple days late, but it's a milestone, so I'm mentioning it: finally posted my Burn Notice Queer Big Bang: here. Worked on it for so long, so happy to have it done with and posted. I have the best betas in the world.
Now that it's done, maybe other characters will start talking to me again. (My brain has been going, "WRITE ALL THE THINGS!" since that pressure was lifted, lol.)
I love this. Funny. Pointed. Hot. What more do you need from a political parody song? =P

no subject
(We have neither.)
no subject
no subject
no subject
no subject
no subject
Also, organizing books is the best ever y/y.
no subject
I need to use it more, but it has definitely come in handy. I also like the book that's up on top of my shelf--the purple book. It's called The 3 A.M. Epiphany. Has a bunch of prompts/exercises in it as well. Def useful.
Lol, it's equal parts fun and maddening, especially when you're not sure if you're going to have enough room for everything. =P